Rabbi Jessica Shimberg is a Jewish ritual artist serving spiritual seekers and the religiously skeptical with equal enthusiasm. She is a teacher (rabbi means teacher), prayer leader, spiritual guide, trusted pastoral presence, social and environmental justice activist, and lifecycle doula, assisting and accompanying individuals, couples, and families as they transition and transform across the many sacred thresholds of life.
Rabbi Shimberg’s ritual artistry and wisdom flow from a variety of sources including:
– her long love affair with Jewish music and prayer practices, poetry and prose,
– her passion for the natural world and its cycles,
– her deep appreciation of other wisdom traditions,
– her ability to find the sacred within the ordinary,
– her love of human interaction and community building,
– her commitment to spiritual nourishment,
– her lived experience navigating the intersection of secular and religious practices,
– her belief that curiosity, questioning, creativity and innovation have been and remain essential to Judaism,
– her natural exuberance and enthusiasm for life and living, and
– her genuine desire to engage and activate opportunities to elevate holiness in our world.
Rabbi Jessica’s ability to make religious tradition come alive and to design innovative approaches to life-cycle ritual for people of varying interests, backgrounds, orientations, styles of learning, and ages has been recognized as a priceless gift to individuals and families who engage her services.